Some old stitching found!  

Posted by Patricia Cecilia in , ,

2 March AD 2009
While rooting through the garage looking for my portable(albeit it HEAVY) sewing machine, I found these two completed cross-stitched pillows:

The 440 Washington engine

The General engine

I did these while pregnant with DS. I have always loved trains (real and model) and had repainted his room and put a terrific train wallpaper border around at chair-rail height, then did these. They had been packed away when we moved in 2006 and I had forgotten all about them.

The patterns were in two old issues of either CS&CC or Leisure Arts--The Magazine, the former, I think. They were historically important engines in the 19th century United States.

This entry was posted on Monday, March 2, 2009 at Monday, March 02, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Very nice!

March 4, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Love the detail on these!
Cameo @-->-->---

March 6, 2009 at 11:25 AM

My grandfather would've loved these! Nice detail in them.

March 20, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Post a Comment