Pirate Treasure Completed!  

Posted by Patricia Cecilia in ,

2 March AD 2009
As of 17 February, I had finished all the stitching and was awaiting my son's decision about what charms to use:

Pirate Treasure stitching and beading finished

He does not particularly like pirates, and so did not want the skull-and-crossbones charm provided for the location of the treasure, so we made a trip to the LNS and he chose a scallop and two sailboats, but we did not find anything for the treasure except a shovel, which was our backup idea if we couldn't find something in my beadwork stash.

What we found in my stash were some stitch-on rhinestones. DS specified the colors and arrangements (can we say "Type A personality"? "INTJ"? :-)

Here is the finished project:

Pirate Treasure Completed!


DS wants it finished as a pillow. He likes to sleep and read and lounge and watch movies all propped up with pillows-pillows-pillows!

I personalized it to the three of us. Can you tell we like The Princess Bride? :-)

This entry was posted on Monday, March 2, 2009 at Monday, March 02, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

This is fantastic, Patricia! Love the finish.

March 4, 2009 at 11:10 PM

That turned out so beautiful!!! I noticed the personalization in the coves...great idea!! I liked the Princess Bride too, I guess I need to rent it when the grands come down next month! :)

March 5, 2009 at 12:59 AM

Nicely done, Dr. P. I like your personalization. Love Princess Bride!
Cameo @-->-->---

March 6, 2009 at 11:28 AM

It looks great!

March 20, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Post a Comment