Happy Solemnity of St. Joseph!  

Posted by Patricia Cecilia in , ,

In Italy, Buona Festa di San Giuseppe and Happy Father's Day! St. Joseph was my father's principal patron saint (Dad was both a master carpenter and a father/stepfather/adoptive father and later, surrogate father to many young men, as I have written before). We also consider St. Joseph our family patron. I did not have my act together early enough to have a St. Joseph's Altar and hospitality table this year--next year! (I did break down and buy three scrumptious doughnuts for dessert tonight, as I couldn't find zeppole anywhere in Raleigh...)

But I did come across a blog post quoting a New York Times article (whoa! the NYT publishes something positive about a Catholic?!) in which a Mother Superior remembers her father. I think her father and mine were cut from the same cloth, even though they had totally different ethnic backgrounds. The charisms of St. Joseph, most Chaste Spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, patron of all workers, were definitely present in these two men.

Read it here.

This entry was posted on Friday, March 19, 2010 at Friday, March 19, 2010 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment