Bonne annee/Happy New Year  

Posted by Patricia Cecilia

Today is the First Sunday in Advent, the first day of the Christian liturgical year, so Happy New Year! Today is also the first anniversary of my son's and my confirmations into the Church in 2008, so it is the beginning of our second New Year as a united Catholic family. This first year has been quite a journey.

At Drawn to Catholicism, a commenter to the Happy New Year cartoon said that his/her New Year's resolution is: Hope, pray, and don't worry. I think I am going to adopt a version of that:

Pray without ceasing, over everything, in everything.
Trust--hope--in Our Lord's goodness and love, without ceasing.
Don't worry--don't let the darkness of depression or fear overtake the light.
Strengthen everyone in your circle of influence.
Abide in God.

This entry was posted on Sunday, November 29, 2009 at Sunday, November 29, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

I love this time of year - and I love your goals - ones we can all share. :)

December 1, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Post a Comment